If you in and around the Umhlanga area pop into La Vita Spa, Breakers Resort and book a session in the Floatation pool.
Floatation can specifically be used to target pain and trauma. Studies have shown floatation therapy successfully relieves the painful symptoms associated with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) and the strenuous elements of pregnancy, as well as helping with chronic migraines.
Research from MRI studies shows that floatation causes activity in parts of the brain associated with attention and decreases activity in the amygdala, which is responsible for our “flight or fight” response.
Here are some proven benefits of floatation therapies
- Speeds-up recovery time from physical exercise.
- Helps to enable deep and healthy sleep patterns.
- Promotes recovery from muscular and skeletal injuries.
- Reduces swelling.
- Increases endorphin production.
- Reduces blood-pressure.
- Improves circulation.
- Energises the body.
- Clears the mind.
- Accelerates learning.
- Heightens the senses.
- Effective in fighting both addiction and depression.
Call La Vita Spa, Breakers Resort on 031 561 2271